Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
wulfrunian

Rother Valley Optics

I have a Celestron CG-5 Advanced GT Mount  that I bought second hand last year and have grown to love it.

Alas, it is beginning to fail me by switching itself off whenever it fancies. The fault seems to point toward the power board but when I made enquiries was told that the mount has been discontinued and the mount and accessories are no longer available.

Come to the rescue Rother Valley Optics who are sourcing the board for me at the normal price. I’ve used them before and certainly will again. Not only that but they said that in the unlikely event of the board not fixing the problem they will be happy to look at the mount for me with a view to finding the problem and rectifying it. Happy with that service.

Credit where it’s due I say. Thanks again RVO.

• Like 2

Disgusting delivery charges.

Just bought a finder/guider adapter (Flo don't stock the Celestron 1mm threaded ones) £7.50 for delivery outrageous.

• Like 1

I have bought a number of items from Rother Valley Optics, who are my local supplier being situated just 15 miles (30 mins drive) away, these include two telescopes, a number of eyepieces, filters, and several other items, coming to around £5,000 in total. I have always selected the option to 'collect goods from shop' as this saves on shipping charges, plus I can inspect the goods before taking them away.

I have generally found them to be very helpful and have offered good advice, but I was a bit disappointed with them when it came to obtaining a Seymour Solar Filter to fit my Skywatcher Esprit Refractor. According to their website they stock Seymour Solar Filters in a large number of sizes, but not apparently the correct one to fit my Esprit 150 (which appears to be the SF 8376). However when I asked them about obtaining one for me, they were not willing to do a special order, and informed me that I would need to order it myself direct from Seymour in the USA which will involve additional shipping charges, plus probably also import duty and customs clearance charges.

Bearing in mind the amount I have spent with over the years, I really thought that they could have been more helpful.

John 

Edited by johnturley
  • Sad 2