Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents.thumb.jpg.587637e0d01baf4b6d21b73610610bbb.jpg

Unkown Error

70EQ telescope with Celestron NexImage 5

I have a Celestron AstroMaster 70EQ telescope and I bought a Celestron NexImage 5 camera. Last night we had clear skies for a while every time I pointed my telescope to a planet by using an eyepiece when I changed it to my camera it never picked it up on the scree. I just get a blank screen, though during the day I can pick up trees etc. what am I doing wrong? what settings do I need to use?

Thanks!

It is probably just out of the FOV. Do a square search.

Also remember that the focus will be different so turn the brightness, gain and exposure up well beyond what you would use. A big bright fuzzy glow is easier to find.

Try a practice on the Moon it will be easier to find and establish where focus is when using the neximage in your telescope.

• Like 1

That's a good point. Make a note of how far you have to turn your focusser during your moon trial and you will beable to get close to focus when searching for smaller objects.