Gamma Cygni Region 2 panes

tooth_dr

Hi

Here is the result of a two images taken of the Gamma Cygni region, in H-alpha, 1 hour on one panel, 2 hours on the other.  Fairly large moon, 7nm Optolong filter, Atik 383L+

You sure gain a lot of respect for folks who do mosaics when you try one yourself!

Gamma_Cygni_WIP.jpg

Nice. The right hand side is 1 hr, I would guess. It has more noise (more time = less noise). The right hand side also has a dark horizontal line. If you use PixInsight, there is a way to remedy this with CanonBandingReduction. It is a bit cumbersome, but doesn't involve painting or clone stamp.

http://wimvberlo.blogspot.com/2017/01/correcting-dark-lines-in-dslr-astro.html

Very nice Adam. This is a lovely part of the sky, so much going on. The Crescent is nearby too, would make for a lovely mosaic. I might try it myself! lol

Out of curiosity, how come you had to make a mosaic of these 2 images? I would have thought the FOV of your 383L+ would cover all of this?

7 hours ago, Xiga said:

Very nice Adam. This is a lovely part of the sky, so much going on. The Crescent is nearby too, would make for a lovely mosaic. I might try it myself! lol

Out of curiosity, how come you had to make a mosaic of these 2 images? I would have thought the FOV of your 383L+ would cover all of this?

Thanks Ciaran. I’ll see if I can make it to the crescent ?

As for the mosaic. Left panel was done first and I centred on Gamma Cygni. I realised then that it cut off have the nebula so went back a second night for the rest of it ?

Archived