Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

FLO at the SGL Star Party 2018

FLO

Last year, for the first time, FLO had a stall at the SGL Star Party. It went well. Thank-you ? 

But us standing there with tables loaded with products for sale felt a little too Astrofesty, for FLO. So we will do things a little differently this year. 

We want to be less salesy and more social, so less tables, more real-world telescope/mount/camera setups and plenty of free tea, coffee and biscuits ??

We also have something special planned regarding Rowan Astronomy Belt Mod Upgrade kits. Rob, the chap who installs our Rowan kits, will be with us all day Saturday fitting Rowan Belt Mod Upgrades into HEQ5 Pro mounts. If you want to see how it is done, or ask him questions, you will be welcome. If you wish to purchase one of the upgraded HEQ5 Pro mounts, or a Rowan kit for installing yourself at home, then you can. You can also bring your own HEQ5 Pro mount and have Rob install a Rowan upgrade on the day, but please let us know in advance if you wish to do this. 

One thing that won't change: Because the SGL SP is a significant event in it's own right we can offer you the same promos and discounts offered by retailers at IAS (assuming the product/brand is one we stock). I.e. 10% off ZWO cameras. We will post details closer to the date. 

We are looking forward to seeing you there. 

Steve & the FLO team

sky-watcher_heq5_pro_geq_mount_rowan.jpg

On 06/09/2018 at 15:24, FLO said:

We are quietly developing a number of new astronomy products (manufactured here in the UK) so will have prototypes to show at the SGL Star Party. Hopefully one or two will be finished and ready for launch ? 

Oh - shiny things, shiny new things, nice new shiny new things. (rubs hands like Gollum)

On 13/09/2018 at 16:36, michaelmorris said:

Oh - shiny things, shiny new things, nice new shiny new things. (rubs hands like Gollum)

For the sake of balance I should also state what Mrs M would be saying.

Gosh! Not more shiny new things for you to spend our money on. ?

(significantly edited for compliance with forum rules and to protect those of a delicate disposition)

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, animal666 said:

Do you discount anything, or is it full price? ??

There will be discounts. Please email us if there is something specific you would like us to bring. 

On 05/09/2018 at 14:17, FLO said:

Because the SGL SP is a significant event in it's own right we can offer you the same promos and discounts offered by retailers at IAS (assuming the product/brand is one we stock). I.e. 10% off ZWO cameras. We will post details closer to the date. 

3 hours ago, FLO said:

We will have the card reader so all is good ? 

Though I am unable to get to this sort of event I follow the threads with interest.  This^^^^^ sounds dangerous, v. dangerous, esp with this:

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:36, michaelmorris said:
On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:24, FLO said:

We are quietly developing a number of new astronomy products (manufactured here in the UK) so will have prototypes to show at the SGL Star Party. Hopefully one or two will be finished and ready for launch ? 

Really Miffed I am unable to get to Lucksall this time.I had my first cataract done last Monday, and I unable to drive yet for a while.
All the chat leading up to the SP has me almost crying with frustration, but I console myself with the knowledge my sight  is being 
vastly improved. 
I just hope the Lucksall skies cooperate this time, and everyone there has a fantastic time. Bound to be great though.
Enjoy folks, I'll be there in spirit at least.

Hey @FLO I realise it is only very small, but could you bring along a pack of the Space Desiccant Sachets for me please :) 

Do you happen to have any of the Muonionalusta meteorite slices? I wouldn't mind "treating" myself but its unavailable on the website. If not don't worry as realise it may be a bit late to get hold of.

4 hours ago, SimonS said:

Hey @FLO I realise it is only very small, but could you bring along a pack of the Space Desiccant Sachets for me please :) 

No problem. I am sure we'll find space on the van ?

Sorry about the meteorites. 

Archived