Narrowband

dog stops stargazing

fozzybear

Well decided on going out tonight for a quick scan of the night sky but our dog put an end to that she found a "Herrison" hedgehog and her offsprings in the garden and proceeded to bark to kingdom come(this is my house get out). not good for the neighbours Damn and double Damn. I cannot stop the dog from coming out as she follows me everywhere I go and I have to leave the patio doors open to get to the back garden. wildlife wins tonight not the clouds....

that's life

anyone had a similar problem

My dogs are quite tall (greyhounds) and of little brain. If my other half lets them out when I'm in the observatory, they'll occasionally come in. Sometimes they just settle down on the floor, which is nice company. But occasionally they'll bump into the camera half way through an exposure. How we laugh...

A long time ago when I was a kid, sitting on the green of my grandparent's village (nice dark skies), peering carefully through the eyepiece in the darkness, the local farm cat which had arrived unknown to me, jumped on my lap. I almost reached orbit.

Nigel

My 5 Labradors love it when Susie and I are out with the scopes. Extended opportunities to sniff and search out interesting scents morph into opportunities to sleep at our feet at the base of the scopes we have out. It turns into a really relaxed and snoozy “family affair “ for them all...

Our two GSP's (German Shorthaired Pointers)  also have "fun" at my expense during observing sessions. Mum and Son (Sol and Indus with Indy on Left and Mum Sol on Right), are both jet black and were adept at sneaking into the obsy and curling up on the floor where I'd "discover" them by tripping over them!  Oh how we laughed on the way to casualty!!!!!!!!. Luckily it didn't quite come to that and I've now learned to keep the obsy door shut for my own safety and sanity!........ still love 'em though!  even when they now know to lurk just outside the door for when I finish the session!

Les.

Indus & Sol_resize.jpg

Archived