Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Couldn't resist..

RiponJas

Was just mooching on FLO and noticed the BST Starguiders have an offer for multiple purchases. 

So I did the only thing that made sense, I bought the full range! I'm blaming you lot on here for constantly saying they're good value for money and worth having. ? 

Going to need a new case for them all now, curses....... 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RiponJas said:

Was just mooching on FLO and noticed the BST Starguiders have an offer for multiple purchases. 

So I did the only thing that made sense, I bought the full range! I'm blaming you lot on here for constantly saying they're good value for money and worth having. ? 

Going to need a new case for them all now, curses....... 

Yep, you need to see the doc immediately! It’s a bad case of astronomiatis you have! Bad news is there’s no real cure for it! Yikes! ;) 

1 minute ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Ha Ha, why am I not surprised ?  Good on yer, proving that Yorkshire folk aren't all tight fisted ?

Steve

Haha, more like empty fisted with all this Astro spending!! 

1 minute ago, Knighty2112 said:

So what you got to remember is that by spending a lot, you’ve actually saved money! ;) 

LoL ...... based on that theory I must have saved a fortune over the past few years ? thank you Gus.

22 minutes ago, RiponJas said:

Yup, full house. Only thing I didn't get was the Barlow. Got a nice one already. 

7 ep's for £280 just so you know, proper bargain me thinks!! ? 

Unless you're in the US, and then it's just £244.41 shipped to the states (no VAT).  With the conversion rate, it's $315, which is still less than buying locally in the US ($420 shipped).  Thankfully, no duties or taxes on anything I've bought from Europe so far.

3 minutes ago, Louis D said:

Unless you're in the US, and then it's just £244.41 shipped to the states (no VAT).  With the conversion rate, it's $315, which is still less than buying locally in the US ($420 shipped).  Thankfully, no duties or taxes on anything I've bought from Europe so far.

It was set to the US when I went to check out at first. Noticed the price, very nice for you over there. ?

2 hours ago, Knighty2112 said:

So how many did ya get then? Did ya goes for the whole hog of ‘em! ;) <sorry, wasn’t to try to sound like a pirate there or anything! Hehe! > 

Personally I thought you sounded more like one of us Kaintuck hillbillies! Hahahaha

36 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Expensive business binoviewing but the pleasure of using them outweighs the pain of buying two of everything ! :smiley:

Indeed it does, so long as the eyepieces you're using aren't too big and heavy. I think the Starguiders are about ideal in terms of both physical size and AFoV. 

4 hours ago, RiponJas said:

Actually Gus I was told spending vast amounts of money relieves the symptoms!!! ? 

It will also land you in very deep debt !! Get help now as suggested ! See a doctor and if your married you might see a marriage councelor cause your going to need to know how to explain why you bought astro stuff instead of paying bills . If not married then you need to do credit counceling ASAP  !!

Archived