SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Google Authenticator app!

Greymouser

Firstly, Hi everyone...

Secondly, I have just joined the forum and thought I would set up my profile; account security etc., as you do, but it is being demanded that I download the Google authenticator app on my smart phone.

I do not have a smart phone!? Nor do have any intention of getting one, though I could get it on my tablet I guess, but why do I need to do so? It is annoying this obsession I see everywhere, with being always connected!

Is there a way around this? Or must I stop being so curmudgeonly and just accept it and get on with things? ?

Thank you for the answer.

Forgive me, I am not being clear enough. I know I do not need to set it up and can avoid it, but I was assuming that the security settings included other things than just that. I thought that the set up was pointless, never use it elsewhere, again, assumed there would be other settings beyond this request for set up of authentication...

I now assume I was wrong to assume and will now shut up and exit stage left... ??

8 minutes ago, Greymouser said:

Thank you for the answer.

Forgive me, I am not being clear enough. I know I do not need to set it up and can avoid it, but I was assuming that the security settings included other things than just that. I thought that the set up was pointless, never use it elsewhere, again, assumed there would be other settings beyond this request for set up of authentication...

I now assume I was wrong to assume and will now shut up and exit stage left... ??

That’s what you get for assuming to assume! ;) 

Archived