SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

2019 Stargazing Guide to the Night Sky

paulastro

Or to give it its' full title 2019 Stargazing Month-By-Month Guide To The Night Sky, by Heather Couper and Nigel Henbest.  This yearly publication is a good value guide to what's happening through the year, and at £6.95 is excellent value.  I didn't realise, or remember that we have a favourable transit of Mercury in November 2019 until I browsed through it quickly when I arrived home with it this morning.   It's one of two guides I buy every year, the other one being by Storm Dunlop and Will Tirion.  This is just a heads up that I picked up a copy today for only £3.00 from my local branch of 'Works'.  I presume it will be stocked by other branches of the same shop.  In fact I bought my copy for this year from the same shop and the same price :smile:  Well worth the price of a pint!

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Good heads up Paul, will have a look out for it when I’m in town at the weekend.

Not sure  I can still get a pint for £3 down here though! :(

Not to derail my own thread, but I can get a pint for around £2.50 at Oakworth Social Club in the village, less on 'special occasions'.  :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/09/2018 at 14:06, paulastro said:

Not to derail my own thread, but I can get a pint for around £2.50 at Oakworth Social Club in the village, less on 'special occasions'.  :smile:

Hmm, a pint of bitter shandy (my apologies) cost me £4.35 ) last night at our club meet! Need to move North!

9 hours ago, Stu said:

Hmm, a pint of bitter shandy (my apologies) cost me £4.35 ) last night at our club meet! Need to move North!

Yes Stu, if you own a house down there you can sell it and buy a whole street or a big house with a country estate up here :smile: . 

Mind you, the weather up here is **** (poor!) :sad2:

Archived