Any 'easy' dark nebula?

tooth_dr

I'malways blown away by images like the above ^^^

Is there such a thing as a beginners dark nebula to try to image?  It's something I've never done before, and it's looking clear tonight so I figured I might give one a go!  I'm using an ED80 with a 383L+.

Thanks in advance

Adam.

5 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I'malways blown away by images like the above ^^^

Is there such a thing as a beginners dark nebula to try to image?  It's something I've never done before, and it's looking clear tonight so I figured I might give one a go!  I'm using an ED80 with a 383L+.

Thanks in advance

Adam.

You might want to try the showcase B142 and B143 up in Aquila. These are visually stunning objects with great contrast.

Here is the target I went for. Beside Iris Nebula.

Whilst I was waiting for a 900s sub to go through to check if it was ok last night I stacked and processed 5x300s in DSS. Can’t wait to get flats darks and bias and add colour to this, cause I can certainly see some dusty clouds.  I reckon I have about 8-10 hours from last night on this (half on the 383L and half on 40d).

09C55484-66C6-4910-9884-AE626E0E0DD2.jpeg

Archived