Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 2018 Pitch Plan

Grant

48 minutes ago, rockystar said:

Thanks Stu. It's up now,  but I'll be standing by with camera for when you get here ;)

Touché ?

EDIT Many thanks to @AdeKing for his kind assistance preventing me from blowing away.....and not taking any pictures ;)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, barkis said:

I really hope you guys and Gals get some respite from the weather. I know much enjoyment can be 
had from the camaraderie, but a couple of starlit nights would go down well, I hope you get them.:icon_salut:

Fingers crossed for Sunday still Ron, it's just a shame some people return home on Sunday!

1 hour ago, RayD said:

Well I made it here and there appears to be a distinct lack of visible telescopes, unsurprisingly. Its blowing a hooly and raining, so fingers crossed it gets better for this staying :eek:

Glad you made it Ray, have you made it to the the marquee yet? That’s where everyone is hanging out.

Sad to Rain likely tomorrow morning  in Hereford, heavy in places, but clouds  clearing in the 
afternoon. Hopefully you may get some decent sky Sunday night, I will beg the Weather Gods to be generous for you all.
Have a nice   meal tonight, and a Bevy  or three,or six,  will keep the blues away.

Most of all, Stay Safe.

18 minutes ago, barkis said:

Sad to Rain likely tomorrow morning  in Hereford, heavy in places, but clouds  clearing in the 
afternoon. Hopefully you may get some decent sky Sunday night, I will beg the Weather Gods to be generous for you all.
Have a nice   meal tonight, and a Bevy  or three,or six,  will keep the blues away.

Most of all, Stay Safe.

We're all a bit glum without you Ron ☹️ @barkis

IMG_20181013_190126.jpg

Blimey, a Round table no less, things are getting posh now. Thanks for making me feel more glum at  not being there.         
 Happy that the rain and winds aren't dampening your spirits .
I look forward to reading the reports of the event next week.  

3 hours ago, Helen said:

We're all a bit glum without you Ron ☹️ @barkis

IMG_20181013_190126.jpg

Looking at this picture reminded me so much of old star parties (not the glum faces!) and makes me sad that I couldn't make it down at all. Had planned to drive down just for the day today, but woke up with back pain which got steadily worse through the day, awkward to drive anywhere at all.

Oh well, hope you all had fun, until next year then ?

Well just arrived back home safely and would like to say a huge thank you to all the fabulous guys I met today who made me feel so welcome and made the day trip more than worthwhile.  Had a superb day, and a huge and massive thanks to @FLO for the hotel tent style marquee, complete with Only Fools & Horses chandelier, which actually made what could well have been a washout, in to a great event.

It was great to put so many faces to forum names, and see some already met but a pleasure to meet again.

Really sorry I couldn't stay, but name is already down for next year, I loved it.

PS what a fantastic site, beautiful!

Now off to bed, got a drive to Spain tomorrow :eek:

2 hours ago, Spikey said:

She certainly did Ron. You were very much missed.

Much obliged Simon, and I missed it too. I would have been there regardless of the impending bad weather, 
but getting my eyesight fixed had to take priority. Half way there now, but it will be a long wait for eye No. 2 methinks.
One hell of a waiting list I understand.
Sad Tim didn't make it there, but pretty hairy pulling a caravan in high winds, better to be safe.
Thanks for the   post, and best wishes to all the Mod. Team.

:icon_salut:.

3 minutes ago, Helen said:

Hi Ron, yes I was behind the camera ?

Hope your op is making life easier ? and the wait for the second one is shorter than you fear.

Take care sir,

Helen

Will do, and thanks Helen.  
Did Mike get to the Galapagos Isles ??

23 minutes ago, barkis said:

Will do, and thanks Helen.  
Did Mike get to the Galapagos Isles ??

Yes, he is in Ecuador at the moment Ron ?  Galapagos last week, Amazon and Ecuador this week.  Flies home tomorrow arriving Tuesday.  Not sure how long it will take him to process all his pics though!!

Helen

Archived