SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 2018 Pitch Plan

Grant

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

Sod the rain, life is too short. So Clan Foster will be there early afternoon tomorrow. Holding Jupiter and lobbing paper at other astronomers is enough to keep me entertained ?

I seem to remember eating hog roast in the pouring rain one year, probably some pictures if you search  old star parties.

Dave

Nothing to do with the weather but owing to tedious snags with some extensive ground work we are having done at the mo I can't get down today and also probably tomorrow, which is very upsetting.  I will definitely be there on Saturday though.  Genuinely gutted to be missing quiz night.

1 hour ago, rockystar said:

If people see me flying away while I'm pitching my tent,  please grab a leg and tent peg :D

This can be easily sorted out - click your heals together three times and whisper 'There's no place like home'. ?

I decided some months ago that I wasn't going to come this year. It hasn't been the same since I sold my old motorcaravan (bought a Lunt solar 60 with part of the proceeds) and arrived twice in hired vans. Just not the same. Any lingering doubts have been dispelled by the weather. So best wishes to all.

Allan

I’m on my way up now, there about 4 ish I guess. I’ll sleep in the car if it looks too bad. Picking up a very nice Televue Genesis on the way :). Probably shouldn’t have bothered bringing any kit but I have done just in case.

It will be what it will be, meeting up with everyone is what it is all about really.

19 hours ago, rockystar said:

If people see me flying away while I'm pitching my tent,  please grab a leg and tent peg :D

But how will we take pictures to post on SGL if we actually help? ?

We arrived at 10:30 this morning. A bit rainy and windy, but not too bad. It's easing off a bit now.  The maximum expected wind speed is 18/19 mph, so nothing like as high as last year's brief spell of 38 mph winds.

The hanger/marquee that FLO have most generously had erected at very short notice is nothing short of palacial, with tables, seating, floor matting and believe it or not an albeit simple chandelier!

10 minutes ago, michaelmorris said:

We arrived at 10:30 this morning. A bit rainy and windy, but not too bad. It's easing off a bit now.  The maximum expected wind speed is 18/19 mph, so nothing like as high as last year's brief spell of 38 mph winds.

The hanger/marquee that FLO have most generously had erected at very short notice is nothing short of palacial, with tables, seating, floor matting and believe it or not an albeit simple chandelier!

Might just kip in there if it gets too much tonight! ;)

Due about 16.30 now, hope to get tent up before it gets too bad. Plenty of storm pegs packed!

We were just about to hitch up and come, when the winds along the A46 have changed our mind for today. Gutted, but I have no desire to be on the front end of a flipped caravan, 50mph gusts give even me the willies when towing!

Will reassess in the morning and head down if it has calmed a bit. Tomorrow is looking a little drier now too.

Have fun everybody!

Hmmm, have just had to avoid a high sided van up on two wheels when crossing a bridge...... fortunately it stayed upright but only just.

Take care out there chaps and chapesses!!

Now a diversion for a fallen tree! Fun out here!

Archived