Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 2018 Pitch Plan

Grant

image.thumb.png.3869cca992355ef37643f6119a5f10d3.png

Pitch plan updated - 30th September 2018.

Tada! As promised.

If you think your name should be there and it isn't, please shout!

If you want to move around, please let me know and I will do my best - Lucksall do a pretty good job of getting people close to where they want to go.

Still some gaps if you do fancy coming :)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, reddoss said:

Thanks Grant. 

I see I am on my own in Hare, no neighbours ?

No neighbours yet :)

I am guessing you specifically requested to go there, I've actually got you down as being in the 'V' but I'm not 100% sure what that is? 

Hi Grant, The V is the shape of the patch of grass on the end of Hare just before you get to the boat house. It has 2 EHU pitches on it.  This is where they normally put me when I go there on my own. 

I guess I will get new neighbours soon ?

40 minutes ago, animal666 said:

I’m on the ‘softer hardstanding’ I’m not sure that’ll work for me.

my motorhome may sink if it’s too soft, or if it rains?

I've been in that very spot, IIRC the hardstanding is fine it was the drive across the wet grass to get to it that was tricky :grin:

Dave

Looking like a good turnout, with some time still to go. Great stuff! Happy to be in Buzzard again, some familiar faces, and some familiar names I've yet to meet, and some I don't know at all, will be good to meet you all :)

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

I've been in that very spot, IIRC the hardstanding is fine it was the drive across the wet grass to get to it that was tricky :grin:

Dave

Cheers Dave, That could be a problem, a heavy motorhome across possible wet grass or mud, I think I’ll need a move.

4 minutes ago, animal666 said:

Cheers Dave, That could be a problem, a heavy motorhome across possible wet grass or mud, I think I’ll need a move.

Still a few spaces in Kingfisher all hard tarmac up to the hardstanding.

Dave

6 minutes ago, animal666 said:

I've contacted Lucksall to check what that pitch is like now and to let them know you are in a larger motor home - they may move you, will update the pitch plan as neccessary....

12 hours ago, animal666 said:

Laura @ Lucksall confirms pitch 113 is straight off the road on to a hardstanding pitch so shouldn't be a problem. If you are concerned though, please give Lucksall a call and ask for Laura and she can talk you through it.

14 hours ago, Trikeflyer said:

Can't wait. Looking at your signature and remembering a few posts from earlier in the year, how is the new Dob? 

Steve 

Hi Steve. It's fantastic, plain & simple. It's also fair heavy to carry any distance i.e from my house to the car. But that is a very small price to pay for a magnificent instrument IMHO. I don't get the opportunity to use it as much as I'd like due to work commitments but when I do, it just blows me away. Feel free to pop over and say hello at SGL. I've attached my first light report in case you missed it.

Ally

2 hours ago, Ally8446 said:

Hi Steve. It's fantastic, plain & simple. It's also fair heavy to carry any distance i.e from my house to the car. But that is a very small price to pay for a magnificent instrument IMHO. I don't get the opportunity to use it as much as I'd like due to work commitments but when I do, it just blows me away. Feel free to pop over and say hello at SGL. I've attached my first light report in case you missed it.

Ally

Thanks Ally, Sounds Awesome.  I will definitely pop over for a brew and a view!

Great first light report.  Glad you had such a great view of M51. I'm still looking for it!!

See you at Lucksall

Steve

10 minutes ago, Twisted Lip said:

Thanks Grant, been a quiet astro year for me so looking forward to bringing the kit and getting stuck in again.

....and coming last/2nd to last in the Friday quiz again ;)
Cheers
Will

Oh ye of little faith Will ?

It's been a quiet one for me too so very much looking forward to the possibility of putting my scope through its paces.

3 hours ago, newtyng5 said:

On Buzzard again. Look foward to it, and meeting eveyone again. Bringing along the 11inch, plus my m8's new 16inch ES dob. 

Wonder what weird and wonderful questions Micheal Morris has for the quiz night. ?

Hey Tony, great that you will be there. I'm bringing the 12 inch dob that I threatened to have this time and I might bring a frac as well if I have room. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Steve 

Archived