Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 2018 Pitch Plan

Grant

59 minutes ago, mark skelton said:

Just been through Hereford this morning (early hours), I see they've got led lights all over the place.

Yes it's changed from an orange glow to a white glow but it didn't look any dimmer from Lucksall last time I was there.

Dave

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/09/2018 at 21:52, mark skelton said:

Just been through Hereford this morning (early hours), I see they've got led lights all over the place.

LED lights were installed across the whole of Hereford maybe Herefordshire about 18 months ago. I am going to a venue close to Lucksall tomorrow night to undertake some observing - I will check if there is any glow from Hereford looking North.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tim said:

I think @tich has changed his mind??

Tim I saw Tich at Braunston a week last Saturday when I was picking up my canal boat. Tich was running an astronomy day for the air ambulance. I told him about the special guest giving a talk on the Saturday of the star party - Perhaps I changed his mind?

20 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Tim I saw Tich at Braunston a week last Saturday when I was picking up my canal boat. Tich was running an astronomy day for the air ambulance. I told him about the special guest giving a talk on the Saturday of the star party - Perhaps I changed his mind?

I'm going to say Yes, you did, well done Mark, even though he told me a couple of weeks back that as his planned SP was under attended, he would come to Lucksall. If it's cloudy he's promised Dangermouse on the side of his rapido!!!  :D

Who is the speaker then?

On 03/09/2018 at 16:22, reddoss said:

Hi Grant, The V is the shape of the patch of grass on the end of Hare just before you get to the boat house. It has 2 EHU pitches on it.  This is where they normally put me when I go there on my own. 

I guess I will get new neighbours soon ?

Well you will have some company as requested 51a as has north and south views :)

Really looking forward to the SP now, let's just hope for some clear skies!

As a very gentle reminder, if you are not familiar with star parties, or even if you are, please take a second to review the SGL lights policy. When folk have spent over 30 mins ensuring proper dark adaption, it can really spoil a session and lead to bad feeling if somebody is thoughtless or accidentally careless with white lights, tent lights, or even too bright red lights and headlights. :) Thank you!

If it is clear feel free to come and enjoy the views through my 18" dob and Ethos EP's, Am always happy to share and to view objects of your choosing, or to show you the highlights of the sky. Pitch 111 I think  :D

.....and if you need red tape for your lights then pop into the welcome tent where I'll put some red film for bigger areas, and red masking tape for smaller areas such as torches, car and tent lights... ?

Helen

Archived