Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 2018 SP Timings

Grant

Subject to change but something to whet your appetite :)

Arrival

• Arrival - Please ensure you book in and collect your welcome packs
  • Welcome - Come and say hi at the welcome tent - me and Daz should be hanging around there most of the time so if you need any help, assistance or just fancy a brew come and say hi!
  • If you are arriving late or cannot make it, please let Lucksall know!

Friday

• 17:30 - Cafe - Curry Night
  • 18:30ish - Cafe - Quiz - this will happen once everyone has had their curry so the time is a little flexible. If you're not having curry, please do pop up and join in the cafe has a great selection of beers and ciders to sample! Thanks to @michaelmorris for buying our quiz master extraordinaire!

Saturday

• 10:00-13:00 - Welcome Tent - FLO Trade Stand and Bring & Buy Sale - this will be setup a little differently this year, FLO will announce separately.
  • 10:00-11:00 - Welcome Tent - Astro Pixel Processor with @PhotoGav
  • 11:00-12:00 - Welcome Tent - PixInsight Basic Intro with @daz
  • 14:00-16:00 - Welcome Tent - Meteorites / Fossil Touch & Feel, Rockets with @Helen
  • 14:00-15:00 - Welcome Tent - Constellations - History & Mythology with Chris Millington
  • 15:00-16:00 - Welcome Tent - Double Stars with @lunator
  • 16:00-17:00 - Welcome Tent - Dr. Matthew Bothwell - Monsters in the Dark
  • 17:30 - Welcome Tent - Hog Roast!!! And Bar :)

Sunday

• 10:00-11:00 - Welcome Tent - Smartphone Imaging with @Stu
  • 11:00-12:00 - Welcome Tent - Comet Astrometry & Photometry with @Helen
  • 13:30 - Cafe - Sunday Roast

If anybody wants to bring any cakes or treats to share in the tea tent, I am sure they would be very welcome!

As always, SGL will provide tea, coffee, sugar and milk plus we might even throw in some hot water too :D

Thank you to everybody who has volunteered to help in any way - whether it is giving a talk above, helping us setup the tea tents, keeping the welcome tent clean and tidy, putting up signs or helping behind the scenes getting everything organised, it really is a team effort.

We still have some spaces left but not many so if you would like to come, please get your booking in soon!

Excellent set of talks planned, looking forward to it and that's without the keynote! 

Although I am upset Mr Morris isn't doing the Lunar Geology talk again, I forgot about it last year!!! Hey ho maybe next year and another reason to give him grief on quiz night :)

Forewarned....

On 12/09/2018 at 23:02, johnfosteruk said:

Although I am upset Mr Morris isn't doing the Lunar Geology talk again, I forgot about it last year!!! Hey ho maybe next year and another reason to give him grief on quiz night :)

Forewarned....

Giving the quiz master grief on quiz night = points deduction (unless the heckling is funny).

Dr. Matthew Bothwell's keynote talk added to the agenda.

The cafe have also suggested setting up a bar area during the hog roast - it will be cash only as they won't have a card machine setup. They will have a selection of very nice beers and ciders :) - I am very much looking forward to the Vintage Perry again - slurp...

13 hours ago, Grant said:

Dr. Matthew Bothwell's keynote talk added to the agenda.

The cafe have also suggested setting up a bar area during the hog roast - it will be cash only as they won't have a card machine setup. They will have a selection of very nice beers and ciders :) - I am very much looking forward to the Vintage Perry again - slurp...

Good idea about the bar for the hog roast.   Just an idea, would it be possible for people to - pre-pay for goodie on card like normal, then pick up from the make-shift bar?     Just throwing out an idea.

9 minutes ago, cjdawson said:

Good idea about the bar for the hog roast.   Just an idea, would it be possible for people to - pre-pay for goodie on card like normal, then pick up from the make-shift bar?     Just throwing out an idea.

I'll mention it to the cafe and see if they want to organise something like that.

Archived