Paint colour

I don't know about the paint code, but just wondered if any white was a good idea outside, esp. if it is painted on any metal.  It is my experience that most white painted metal very soon becomes brown painted metal if it is outside too long.  Skywatcher-like black (even if it doesn't have the 'sparkles' in it) might be a better idea? 

5 hours ago, JOC said:

I don't know about the paint code, but just wondered if any white was a good idea outside, esp. if it is painted on any metal.  It is my experience that most white painted metal very soon becomes brown painted metal if it is outside too long.  Skywatcher-like black (even if it doesn't have the 'sparkles' in it) might be a better idea? 

more interested in it matching the mount. if i know the right code i dont mind getting it powder coated. as for going brown, i've got my gantry on my boat painted white and even being on salt water i get very little problem with rust showing through, as long as the prep is done right it should be fine. 

• 2 weeks later...

My father-in-law used to work in B&Q and I think they did colour matching on the metal paint as well as emulsion and gloss. They have a scanning machine like the guys above mentioned.

Do you have any SW white stuff small enough to take in for them to scan for you?

Archived