Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron StarSense - Repair

Gordon T

I have a Celestron starsense h/c and it is now showing application init Please wait. I re-flashed and factory reset the software etc, eventually I looked at the PCB and it looks like an integrated circuit  U10 has burnt out. Does anyone know what U10 is or what I could replace this with? Thanks.

starsense-board.jpg

starsense-U10.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

did you get anywhere with this? I'd be interested in seeing the PCB under the component and the backside of the component itself.

Given where it is located, I believe it is more likely to be something like the IP4254CZ8-4-TTL. The 4 pins on one side are connected to the AUX connector and the 4 on the other side go to the micro-controller. Also, the orientation of the component is different on the NXW217 (StarSense) compared to the NXW215 (NexStar+), i.e. the input and output pins are swapped, suggesting the component is symmetric.

The marking is quite unhelpful and the datasheet does not detail it Looking at a lot of photos on the internet, all the chips have 3 characters, starting with A (ADC, AJ2, ADN, AG5, ACO). 

Please reply if you have more information.

• 1 year later...

Given the lack of posts, and ambiguous markings its doubtful that the chip has been identified.  Without knowing the functionality of the chip it's impossible to locate an alternative.  It could be anything form an op-amp to a microcontroller