Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

laser_jock99

IC 5070 Pelican Nebula, Cygnus.

Quick image of NGC5070 Pelican Nebula and some of the surrounding nebulosity. Stars a wee bit 'eggy' on this one- but just pleased to be imaging again at the moment!

IC 5070 taken with GSO 8" F4 Newtonian telescope working at F2.9 using a 0.7x ASA Keller coma corrector/reducer, modifed Canon 40D full spectrum camera @ ISO1000. Stack of five images totaling 900s of exposure from a dark sky site in Mid Wales.

(click image for full size version)

43716738254_8bac9cceda_o.jpg

Edited by laser_jock99
  • Like 7

Great work! I was after this target yesterday with my RC6 in Ha at 1096mm FL, managed to get 1h25mins worth. Just a side point; the pelican nebula's catalogue name IC 5070, not NGC 5070. :)

• Like 1

I like it.

Looking at your pic it has struck me for the first time how much dust there is in the area - at least I presume it is dust - when comparing the density of background stars on the left hand edge of the pic with the density of stars in the rest of the image. Obvious, I know.  I may not be the fastest at working out the implications of what I am looking at, but I get there eventually!

• Like 1

Another beauty.... great to see another 40D user and some stunning 40D captured images.

• Like 2