SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Gravitons?

Are they? if so, what are they? my head hurts, thinking about the very nature of gravity, and, how it works at the subatomic level. It turns out that colliders have detected missing energy, when tallying up energy released during the collision of atomic nuclei, this missing energy they say could represent gravitons, but where they go is a complete mystery. Well, heres my theory, (who am i to formulate a theory?) just another brain, same one that brought Einstein to the theory of relativity, same brain, composed of the same matter, we all have one, that is my right.

So, that being said, what if the source of gravity (gravitons) simply cannot actually be pinpointed at the subatomic level, i imagine the "graviton" simply being absorbed into the very fabric of spacetime itself as these collisions take place. Did i even say that right? here comes the headache again. Imagine a drop of water, being a graviton, a unit of gravity if you will, holding together all subatomic particles which comprise a particular atoms parts, imagine this atom suspended in an ocean, when atoms are smashed apart, gravitons need not be thrown in any particular direction that can be detected, but instead, just be absorbed into the ocean surrounding it, becoming one drop of water, diluted into the ocean of spacetime itself. 

I mean, a drop of water, "graviton" can only be a unit, when it is acting upon mater around it, without matter, a graviton is just a diluted drop of water in an ocean of gravitons, it cannot be detected or pinpointed, it has no direction, or mass, it simply is.

My head hurts again, but how much fun it is to imagine, now if everyone chimes in, we can solve the mysteries of the universe here on SGL.

In the standard model of particle physics the various forces between particles are mediated by what are called gauge bosons. For example the Photons, W bosons and Z bosons are excitation of the electroweak gauge fields (i.e electromagnetic and weak nuclear force).

The gravitons are the proposed excitations of the gravitational field. However, gravity is not part of the standard model and we don't have a quantum theory of gravity so the are still tentative. Given how weak gravitational waves are individual gravitons will be very difficult to detect - assuming they do exist.

Regards Andrew

THE WORLD IS FLAT AND STATIONARY!!! just kidding:-) I really like to make these theories myself and I really like your theory(if I got it right...) It can certainly be fascinating to read about different theories, and especially this because of its huge importance in uniting the theory of relativity and the standard model of physics. Try reading about the string theory if you not already have. It makes you head go all weird?

24 minutes ago, Stu said:

Perhaps they can shut down the LHC now, no further need for it, the riddles of the universe have been solved

The amazing thing is, great mysteries can be solved by a deep thinker while working seeds into soil, on some field, need not be a decorated scientist, one guy even did it from a patent office.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/09/2018 at 21:29, Davey-T said:

Especially if they've got cloaking devices like Romulans :grin:

Dave

Sorry Dave, but must disagree, Romulans use a singularity to power their ships. In the Deep Space Nine 'Visionary' episode, DAX detected a quantum singularity orbiting the station, despite the Warbird being cloaked.

Ray

27 minutes ago, m1dlj said:

Sorry Dave, but must disagree, Romulans use a singularity to power their ships. In the Deep Space Nine 'Visionary' episode, DAX detected a quantum singularity orbiting the station, despite the Warbird being cloaked.

Ray

Don't try to blind me with science :grin:

Dave

Archived