Narrowband

Set up Star adventurer mini for a few 60 second  runs with a rough polar align in a very dark area a way from our hotel, only had 12 minutes astro darkness so had to work quickly . It was spookily dark ... Could see the milky way faintly reflected on the ocean.

As the moon started to clear the mountains a Polish chap appeared with his camera but no tripod so we managed to communicate and I let him put his camera on my Sam.

Then again as packing up a German chap arrived so we did the same again for him. It was quite interesting trying to explain the Sam and how it worked.

Here is the one decent image I managed, as you can see when zooming in, focus is off ?

Still a nice memory of a holiday booked by the wife as it's a beautiful dark island ( coinsided with full moon though)

Thanks for looking.

Single Raw file converted with Nikon NX2 and contrast tweaked in CS2. 60 seconds @ F4 and ISO 3200

DSC_0709~3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

That's great, lovely sharing too.

Have you tried Sequator it allows you to pick your master frame and mark your foreground then stacks the sky bit.

Cheers Kat, I'll have a Google.

I think the stacking was struggling as if you look closer it's out of focus ?

Archived