Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

barkingsteve

Comet 21p timelapse 33 minutes

500 x 4 second frames at 20 fps. 33 minutes timelapse. Taken tonight with an evolution 925 at F/6.3 and an altair astro GPCAM3 385c camera. Mount decided to be a dick towards the end ? 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Nice one ... it never ceases to amaze me how fast some of these objects move (angular speed rather than km/s!). Thanks for posting.

Thank you, rather than start a new topic, here are a couple i made tonight. Weekend and clear skies, would be rude not to.  :) 

466 x 4,2 seconds at 20 fps

574 x 4.2 seconds at 20 fps

• Like 2

There's another thread on here somewhere that says it is going to be passing through M35 later this month ... I think that would make quite an impressive sequence ...

• Thanks 1

Weather and work commitments permitting...... :)

It passes through M37 on the 10th and M35 on the 15th September.

• Like 2

Wowwwwww! Thanks, that is SO COOL! What a visualization of the fact that yes, those things really are moving!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JCJC
      Hi all! I've been out of the game for some time now but nice to see familiar faces on SGL! I hope everyone is well and keeping sane and safe!
      Lots seems to have changed! New cameras, new software, new lots of things! It's hard to get back up to speed after a few years. My Dad (Mick J) keeps me updated. The general image standard is now so high it seems! 
      I have a bit of a natural break in work and life things so enjoying some time in Crete with other half's family currently. First time using portable set-up for me and to be honest a lucky capture with the comet in the frame mostly by accident!
      Approx 55 minutes total of 30s frames and some 10s frames for M42 core, ISO 400. Modded Canon 450D, Samyang 135mm F2. Skywatcher StarAdventurer.
      Similar version of lockdown here so taken from city location and passing cloud but happy to just have some time to enjoy a bit of hobby time! Processing gradients wise was tricky!
      Jordan
      Larger version here with annotations https://www.astrobin.com/xn9rd1/?nc=user

• By astrosathya
      Finally I processed the Comet Neowise captured from Bangalore.
      Simple Set-up:
      Canon80D, Sigma 70-300 DG APOII @100mm F/4.
      ISO2000, 50x5s
      Stacked in Deep Sky Stacker
      Processed in Pixinsight.
      Lots of noise as I wanted to pull out both tails

• By Stargazer33
      Taken from our back garden at about midnight Friday 17/Saturday 18.
      EQUIPMENT:  Canon 1100D modified by Juan Fierros at Cheap Astrophotography, Canon 70-210mm f4 EF lens @ 140mm, Hoya HMC UV(c) filter, CLS EOS clip-in filter, Static tripod (Slick88).
      11 x 4" frames manually stacked in PS CS4 using a new Exclusion layer for each stacked frame. Then levels; curves; Exposure; Filter - HLVG; Filter - Gaussian Blur; Hue/Saturation;  Colour Balance; Channel Mixer, to name but a few!
      I had to do a manual stack as DSS didn't seem to be able to recognise the stars, reporting back that only one frame would be stacked?

• By pblackwell
      Hi all,
      is there a best filter to use to view comet Neowise? 

Many thanks!
      Paul
    • By pblackwell
      Hi folks,
      Do you do long or short exposure to take a picture of the comet?
      Plesse advise what I should set my Cannon EOS to (its an ancient camera)
      I will connect to my celstron SCT 9.5” or is that too much magnification?
      many thanks!
      Paul

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.