Banner.jpg.39bf5bb2e6bf87794d3e2a4b88f26f1b.jpg

Astronomy Pet Pictures.

16 minutes ago, Hertford Stargazer said:

You can imagine the mental turmoil Hugo went through when this beast was being unpacked :) 

He's working hard on figuring out a way to either get inside it, or eat it ?

Edited by RayD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

That is the single best dog photograph in the world.

On Amber’s behalf, thanks Olly.

But oh my, there are are at least a few other dog owners who may disagree ... ?

I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's furry astronomy friends. It's truly amazing the hole they leave when they're no longer with us, I spent 10 years dealing with Hugo's astronomy sabotage attempts, (his favourite was hiding my red led head torch  under the bed when my back was turned) that I still make sure everything is placed high up to avoid it going missing lol

• Like 4

IMG_5664.thumb.JPG.d6a93e529c30fccb78ec0b8664872269.JPGIMG_5663.thumb.JPG.215579c5e3acb83e0ecea182264e4d1f.JPG

Skye and Storm our two boxers, were not amused at having to wear these space suits during a warm day, Skye was especially miffed as you can tell by her look, they had to make an extra big one for Storm so that he could flex his muscles.

• Like 2

On 31/08/2018 at 11:35, Grumpy Martian said:

It's a heart break when they are no longer with us. 

Still not really got over any of ours when they go, breaks my heart when I think of them, when I am out with the stars I wonder if sometime I may eventually join up with their stardust!?

• Like 1

Mara helped me unpack my dob when I got it. She sometimes climbs in the base and curls up when I'm out observing. Grey does that occasionally too. Spike just watches from the conservatory as she prefers to stay in the warm these days

20161008_190754.jpg

20161008_191714.jpg

• Like 3

On 30/08/2018 at 23:41, Grumpy Martian said:

Our dog Louie often accompanies me while observing. Just thought that I would post a few pictures of our loyal pouch. We were out earlier this evening. 

During the day he notices low flying passenger aircraft out of London City Airport. He then chases them across our garden. I suppose it would be too much to expect him to react to meteors in a dark sky. Wonder if I could train him to do so? 

DSC_0135.JPG

DSC_0133.JPG

DSC_0131.JPG

DSC_0130.JPG

Love these pics. Your gear is safe . 

1 hour ago, Mognet said:

Mara helped me unpack my dob when I got it. She sometimes climbs in the base and curls up when I'm out observing. Grey does that occasionally too. Spike just watches from the conservatory as she prefers to stay in the warm these days

20161008_190754.jpg

20161008_191714.jpg

Brilliant. Ive been a dog person all my life, but a cat is on the agenda.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

11 hours ago, Mognet said:

20161008_190754.jpg

20161008_191714.jpg

Top cat for sure. 

On 31/08/2018 at 17:23, johnfosteruk said:

We had two westies, Lucy was my companion at the scope, Hamish was my nemesis at the scope :)

I say had, some of you will recall we lost Hamish last year. Lucy unfortunately made her last visit to the vet yesterday aged 16yo and 1 day. A touch raw to be sorting photos to post, maybe later but don't let that derail the thread!

She had a good life though and we've spent the last day recalling funny stories, there are many.

We had a bbq once and a bottle of beer got dropped, the explosion was spectacular and you've guessed it, Lucy (we hadn't got Hamish yet) was there like a shot to clean up, regardless of the broken glass. You've got to watch them! She had a cast iron constitution, she was partial to a good curry and you had to watch your cappuccino too!

Sorry to hear about Lucy. 16 is a fine age for any dog to reach.