Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

As a graduate of the Olly Penrice "Bolt it down" school...

... I thought I might share my new guide scope with you.

It's a Borg 50mm Achromatic f/5 Guide Scope with the Helical Focuser. With my Lodestar X2 firmly screwed onto the back.

Solid as a rock! Thanks Olly!

They both normally sit on top of a WO FLT 98 mm and a CGEM DX - but my wife wouldn't let me bring them into the living room for the picture for some strange reason.

Cheers.

Ian

Borg 003.JPG

1 hour ago, ian_bird said:

... I thought I might share my new guide scope with you.

It's a Borg 50mm Achromatic f/5 Guide Scope with the Helical Focuser. With my Lodestar X2 firmly screwed onto the back.

Solid as a rock! Thanks Olly!

They both normally sit on top of a WO FLT 98 mm and a CGEM DX - but my wife wouldn't let me bring them into the living room for the picture for some strange reason.

Cheers.

Ian

Borg 003.JPG

Absolutely gorgeous Ian. Loving your new setup. Seems like this bad boy ain’t going any where now :)

8 hours ago, ian_bird said:

Maybe Borg make better helical focusers than the run-of-the-mill variety, but I have always been desperately disappointed with the lateral play that they have.  I’ve found this both on guide scopes and OAGs. 

What I’ve found necessary is a fixed-length spacer of about the right size – good enough since exact focus is not critical, and most definitely rock-solid. 

Archived