Jump to content

740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

Pixinsight rgb working space?


Recommended Posts

Hi when I have created my dslr rgb master in pixinsight I like to split the rgb channels and use the lowest noise value and use linearfit to balance the channels,But should I first do a rgb working space to my master rgb before the linearfit process or do you use rgbworking space before making a luminance mask,or do I miss understand what rgb working space does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, redfox1971 said:

Hi when I have created my dslr rgb master in pixinsight I like to split the rgb channels and use the lowest noise value and use linearfit to balance the channels,But should I first do a rgb working space to my master rgb before the linearfit process or do you use rgbworking space before making a luminance mask,or do I miss understand what rgb working space does.

For colour calibration of your image you should use the Pixinsight Photometric Colour Calibration (PCC) tool. If you want to extract a synthetic luminescence from your RGB data then apply RGB working space before the extraction and make sure you have set the sliders to unity so that the RGB channels are given even weight prior to the Lum extraction. 

Linear fit  attempts to work out a linear relationship between two images based on their brightness values, it has nothing to do with colour calibration. 

Alan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, alan4908 said:

For colour calibration of your image you should use the Pixinsight Photometric Colour Calibration (PCC) tool. If you want to extract a synthetic luminescence from your RGB data then apply RGB working space before the extraction and make sure you have set the sliders to unity so that the RGB channels are given even weight prior to the Lum extraction. 

Linear fit  attempts to work out a linear relationship between two images based on their brightness values, it has nothing to do with colour calibration. 

Alan

Thanks Alan so your saying their is no point balancing the channels with linearfit before dbe i should just link rgb channels so i can can see the image.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, redfox1971 said:

Thanks Alan so your saying their is no point balancing the channels with linearfit before dbe i should just link rgb channels so i can can see the image.

In order to see the image before DBE you just need to apply the Screen Transfer Function (STF). 

I wouldn't advise using Linear Fit to colour balance images.

Alan

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.