Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Astrith

Star adventurer or GTI AZ and wedge.

After watching Wolfies video showing the combination of the GTI AZ mount and Star adventurer  wedge , just wondering what would be the best buy. I want a grab and go set up for DSO photography. I use a ZWO asi 1600 camera and EFW and a 135 mm Takumar lens.. Would not being able to Polar align with the GTI be an issue . Just thinking that if I could use a near by star alignment then use sidereal tracking....would that be enough , or would you recommend the Star adventurer as it is designed for EQ tracking. Just looking for an opinion before I commit either way. Many thanks for reading. Alan.

Is it solely to be used for imaging or also as a grab and go mount for visual use?

Hi Happy Kat . Been browsing you posts...all informative !...I would want to use it for imaging .I have a dark sky site only 10 minutes walk away so could be an ideal set up for over the shoulder walk.

Edited by Astrith
edit

I'm not hugely experienced just an avid reader and objectively thought based. It was just a thought because it might have made your choice easier to make.

Cheers Happy Kat.  As you say,,,,Objectively makes me lean towards the Star Adventurer . Many thanks.