Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Uranium235

WO Star 71 Astrograph - SOLD

It is with much regret that I am being forced into selling off a fair portion of my astro gear - starting off with a fine example of what the Star 71 Mk1 should have been for everone who brought one.

Its a telescope I would describe as competition standard, and indeed was good enough for me (and my son) to get shortlisted for the IAPY two years in a row - so its an instrument with provenance. And anyone who has followed my exploits with it will know just how good it is:

39197145912_4198d0c4c5_h.jpg

37752105085_f83a1926f2_h.jpg

29528907563_37af79fa1f_k.jpg

Star71.thumb.jpg.9663e3b56e6c3ede0a05539a34820b20.jpg

It comes with its soft carry case, and M48 > EOS adaptor. Condition-wise, there are a couple of light scratches on the powder coat finish but that does not affect its worth or performance.

The price? £650

The price is non-negotiable (no "best price" please... this isnt a car boot...lol).

Either buyer collects, or I can deliver (within a sensible driving distance if buyer chips towards the fuel)

Payment method(s): Cash, Bank transfer or Paypal (buyer pays fees).

UK SALE ONLY

This is your one chance to own it, make no bones about it... this telescope is irreplaceable.

• Like 1

I'd like to add that the item can also be couriered (for an additional tenner) - but that would be at risk to the buyer (I'd like it to arrive undamaged, but it would be well packaged).

I contacted Ian King about buying one NEW weeks ago but even now they are still out of stock everywhere. I opted for the WO GT71 triplet with FF instead. Would have had your arm off for this. Great price imo. GLWS

• Thanks 1

I'm very surprised this hasn't sold yet. It is an amazing scope and is truly irreplaceable. 

I've considered selling mine a few times but cannot bring myself to do it. I know I'd regret it.

Good luck with the sale. 

• Thanks 1