Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p_winners.thumb.jpg.b3d48fd93cbd17bff31f578b27cc6f0d.jpg

niallk

Sol 25/8/18

Some beautiful detail on view today ;) It's been cloudy for a while, but a lovely clear sunny morning here in Cork.

Wonderful views single stacked in my LS50 + 15mm plossl.

Adding the double stack, plus a 1.5x barlow gives stunning views - nice proms on the limb, fuzzy prom filaments on disc, some fine dark filaments - particularly a delicate one in the southern active region, plus lots of fine structure in the pair of sunspots in the other AR.  Coming in to get my 6E to chance it;)

20180825085930Lh.thumb.jpg.f90030b97867d3dd5772bc4e3ba82cf2.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads-up Niall.

I got all my kit out after reading it and was rewarded with some nice flaring coming from the larger of the two regions.

i got some nice sharp views with 18.2 DeLite and my MarkV binos combo. I have found the DeLite's less easy to use than the 19mm Panoptics that they replaced, but today with the rain washed sky, they were great!

Should be able to pop out again after lunch...

Alan

• Like 1

You've a dream setup there! @alanjgreen 😎

I've had my Ha kit for almost 1 year, and really enjoy it in these relatively quiet times.  I can only imagine what it must be like around solar maxima ;)

• Like 1

I have been viewing firstly in white light and then with the PST + DS. As the image from Australia shows we have nice activity at long last. Lots of Plage around sunspots AR2719 and AR2720. A lovely long filament + a short one between the spots. In addition some nice Proms around the edges.

Thanks Niallk for the heads up I don't I would taken out the equipment quite so soon.

• Like 1