Narrowband

Clear Skies

nyckEIRE

Hi 

Nice to be part of a society like LAS Liverpool Astronomical Society, however I have moved to Southern Ireland near Waterford to get away from light pollution... Just read about TENTO Bins, yep  I have a pair of 7x50s  my dad got me them... Had big scopes MEADE and CELESTRON 14inch REFLECTORS, NEWTONIAN...but my TAL 1 MIZAR 4.5inch RUSSIAN BUILT NEWTONIAN was brilliant as are my TENTO 7X50 RUSSIAN late 70s bins.... Here in Dungarvan Eire any bins come into they're own, but the TENTO 7x50  are amazing...I can see the Milky Way for the fist time since GREECE last year (Kalamaki , Zante).... The skies here are bursting with stars, its awesome....cost me lots but here now...Anyone find the same Southern Ireland 

Hi, nyckEIRE, and welcome to SGL.

Glad you have found some dark skies - hope they stay that way. And you are right, Cassie is jam-packed full of stars - part of the northern milky way runs straight through it ... you can follow it all the way down through cygnus and into sagittarius.

Enjoy the journey.

Archived