Narrowband

Hi from switzerland

LordLoki

Hi All, 

I am a fan of the night sky for a while now. I just love sitting on my balcony and just watch the night sky.

A few weeks ago I started playing with the idea of buying a scope and get more familiar with the Stars and Planets. Explore the universe a bit and maybe later on take some nice pictures. 

So I went to Google and started researching. After a while of reading through the vast information on how to get started I kept reading that I should get Binos first. At first it was odd but as a developer I thought it makes sense. 

You should start with hello world or in this case hello Moon first. Get the fundamentals down and then gradually work your way up. 

So I went on the next quest. Finding the right binoculars. Long story short today I got my Celestron SkyMaster 15x70s and a solid Tripod and took my first look at the Moon. 

And what can I say I am in Love already. Can't wait for the next clear night to look at the rest of the sky. 

I will for sure have a lot of questions and just wanted to thank all of you for the indirekt help. I found a lot of great information here and a really nice community. 

Hello and welcome to the lounge, I have the same set of binos and they are great for exploring indeed, you

will enjoy them, learn what you can with them, get familiar with the night sky and what it has to offer then think

of what you want for a telescope, no need to rush into it those binos will serve you well for starters take your time,

see where it leads you.

Rick M

Hello and welcome to the community, I started with binoculars, it's a great way to start, the Binocular Sky

newsletter is a very useful tool, gives you lots of targets for the month ahead, you can download it from the

binocular forum. Enjoy.

Clear Sky's.

Hello and welcome... Binoculars are a great way to start, even hand held but when using on a tripod it's even better, the stillness of the binoculars will definitely reveal much more fine detail and faint stars.....

I have a pair of Bushnell Auto focus 7x50 binoculars and the no need to focus make things a lot easier.

Archived