SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Deep Iris from Germany...

Avdhoeven

Last holidays I have been imaging a lot in the Eifel in Germany. When my guidecam decided to quit because of a broken usb cable I had to find another solution. I decided to step over to my ASI174 on a guidescope that I recently bought. Also I decided then, because I was already changing, to invest some time in setting up SGP for the first time. Wat a relief that was! You just choose your object, decide what images you want to maken and the rest goes automatically. Plate solving, searching, focusing, guiding, wow!

I spent 5 nights imaging this beautiful nebula. Unfortunately two nights of color data weren't usable because of high clouds that disturbed the images. But in the end I was luckily able to still achieve a good night of color data. During the holidays there were many clear nights and I have to see this was one of the best periods in a long time 1f642.png

Telescope: TMB92
Camera: QSI583ws

Lum: 60x600s
RGB: 36x600s

Total: 16 hours

44202856191_e6752b8d67_c.jpg
NGC7023_lrgb_aug2018 spikes 1600px annotated by Andre van der Hoeven, on Flickr

• 2 months later...

Archived