Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

widotje

Setting up an equatorial mount celestron avx: movie

Nice.

Btw, punaise = pushpin or thumbtack ?

On 25/08/2018 at 08:50, wimvb said:

Nice.

Btw, punaise = pushpin or thumbtack ?

Ha, thanks! Apologies for using french a word :-). 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aramitsharma
      I had bought this in the hope that i will do astro trips more often. Hasn't happened and i use my avx at home. So this is not finding much use. 
      An extremely portable setup, the mount with weight and tripod leg spreader fits in a shoe box. The stock nuts have been replaced by winged nuts for easy grip in the dark.
      One of the tripod's legs suffered a slight damage, but I've taped it well and does not affect its performance. 
      I will include the computer connecting cable as well as polemaster adapter.
      You can read its review here:
      http://www.altairastro.com/public/ioptron/Skyatnight_95_april2013_ioptron_smartEQPRO-review.pdf
      Will prefer pickup from London as the postage may be tricky due to the tripod

£250.00

• By Astrofriend
      I have used my Star Adventurer for a while now and is very satisfaid with it. But it could be improved and I have installed an angled viewfinder to the polar telescope, rebuilt the wedge, etc.
      But there is also the tripod, the one I have now is stable but very big, nothing that I could take with me when traveling. All photagraphy tripods I have looked at that is maximum 0.5 meter long folded look a bit weak or are very expensive. Now I have bought an used Manfrotto model 144, very stable but too long folded. This weekend I cut off the legs to make it shorter. I don't need very high tripod now when using the angled viewfinder.
      Here is my tripod project:
      http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/projects/project-star-adventurer-tripod/01-project-star-adventurer-tripod.html
      /Lars
    • By Antoine1997
      I've made a serial connection with my pc and my Virtuoso and i'm trying to send commands to my mount via Matlab without passing trough a Synscan controller but I'm not sure if it is do-able. I found the communication protocol of the Synscan (attached). Can I use it to send the same commands on a serial port directly connected to my mount ?

SkyWatcher instruction user Manual SynScan Serial Communication Protocol.pdf
    • By Antoine1997
      This is my very first time working with a telescope and i'm having trouble connecting my mount to my pc (It seems very easy for you guys, shame on me).
      I've followed a lot of threads which helped me a lot on this forum but it still won't work.
      This is what I've done:
      -I've build a cable RJ12/USB with a USB/TTL chip connecting the Rx to the Tx, the Tx to the Rx and the GND to the GND. (with the adpated  driver which works fine)
      -I've installed the Driver "AzGoto by Armazem Do Telescopio"
      -I've installed the ASCOM plateform
      -I've installed StellariumScope, Stellarium and Skychart
      -In both softwares I chose the Driver AZ GOTO, fill in my latitude and longitude and the appropriate port COM
      But when I try to connect my telescope, I have to wait over 5 minutes until an error pops up with 'BasicApi.MountControlException"
      Do you guys have any idea what's going on ?
      Again, these are my first steps into Astronomy.
      Thanks you very much.
    • By wavydavy
      Losmandy G11 head, cables, power box, panel, hand controller, and counter shaft. Good condition, but is just gathering dust in the observatory, as I have another G11 in operation. The reason for the sale, is I want to get a bigger mount, so my other G11, would be for a mobile/second mount. Ive not a clue how to price this, ive done some research, but its very hard to find a second hand price. Mount works very well, used it the other day for some solar observing, and tracked good. Ive used it for imaging, using the shoestring astro GPUSB hub for autoguiding via the hand controller and splitter. It doesn't come with tripod, I brought it straight for the pier in my observatory. Obviously collection only as its heavy, and best to see it working. Asking around the £500 mark, ONO. Any questions ask away...….

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.