Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Veil Bi-Colour

Jonesdee

Having acquired an ASI 1600MM Pro earlier in the year, this is my first attempt at a wide field Ha/OIII bicolour, using a Borg 55FL scope.  15 x 240s Ha and 15 x 240s OIII, integrated and combined in APP and edited in Star Tools.  I assigned Ha to the Red Channel and OIII to Blue and Green, but would be grateful for any tips on combining channels for bi-colour images. 

I  also tried combining with the LRGB Tool in Star Tools, assigning Ha to Red and OIII to Green, allowing STar Tools to synthesise the missing data.  The result was interesting, but did not produce the 'traditional' Red/Cyan colours of this target.

Apologies, maybe someone can advise how I can insert the image into this post, rather than have it as an attachment please?

Cheers

Dave

Veil Ha OIII.jpg

This is the result when combined in Star Tools using the LRGB Tool with Channel Interpolation On.

1883260128_VeilHaOIII_2.thumb.jpg.b0462d5719be45ed0e239eab7e0a3e35.jpg

Not sure if it is a bit of nebulosity or Amp Glow on the right hand side.  THye uploaded images look a little different (lighter background) than on my PC!

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Vlad, still got a lot to learn, I'm afraid. I also like the second rendition from Star Tools, I think it shows the detail better.

RIght now I'm outside setting up the kit in the hope of getting a bit more data for this image :)

Very nice, thanks  for the info on how you created the bi-colour image, as I also use APP and Startools. I have just added an OIII filter to my equipment list so will hopefully be having a go at bicolour imaging in the not too distant future.

Thanks Tomato, I am still on a steep learning curve, but if I can help when you start processing bicolour, feel free to pm me - very happy to share the techniques I have tried.  I struggle a bit with non-linear processing in APP, but it does a marvelous job of integrating and combining channels.  The more I use Star Tools, the more I like it - seems that experimentation is key to getting the best results :) 

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave - the full Veil image was shot with my 200mm Borg 55FL which FLO was selling as an ex-demo special earlier this year.  It is a stunning little scope for wide field - originally intended for use with my Star Adventurer, but it piggy-backs very nicely on my 80mm refractor  on an HEQ5.  Would be nice to have two ASI1600s, one for each scope, but one camera at a time is enough for me right now :)

Dave

Archived