Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars, a brief GIF

astroavani

b2ceddeb-3826-4a34-8662-7b2e279be35e.gif

Mars, a brief GIF
With the conditions of seeing deteriorating rapidly I could not make a longer GIF, even so I think it can easily perceive the rotation of the planet.
Animation from 6 photos between 03:12 and 03:25 TU on August 13, 2018.
Setup of semore: C14 EDge + ASI 290MC + PM 2X + L filter
by Avani Soares

PS: A pity not being able to post an AVI that has much better quality than a GIF!

Great detail, and even more impressive animated .

I tried to create an animation  of Mars over a longer interval using WinJupos, but I can’t seem to figure out how to align the planet with the grid. Any tips there?  It’s so much easier to do with Saturn because of the rings. 

Fantastic animation Avani. Like others I can’t believe the degree of rotation in just 13 mins! I just simulated it in SkySafari and (obviously!) got exactly the same result! It must make it very challenging to image, requiring short video runs to avoid blurring I guess?

Hello Stu

20 hours ago, Stu said:

Fantástica animação Avani. Como outros, não posso acreditar no grau de rotação em apenas 13 minutos! Eu apenas simulei no SkySafari e (obviamente!) Obtive exatamente o mesmo resultado! Deve tornar muito difícil a imagem, exigindo pequenas execuções de vídeo para evitar o embaçamento, eu acho?

As I use colored camera my footage never exceeds 100 seconds. This time does not go so far as to drag the details

Archived