Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents.thumb.jpg.587637e0d01baf4b6d21b73610610bbb.jpg

StaceStar

COMPLETED - SkyWatcher Evostar ED80 DS Pro package SOLD

Hi

I'm selling my beloved scope. 

Its around 7 months old ish. Has the usual marks on the vixen bar. 

Comes with aluminium case, 2" 28mm eyepiece, 2" diagonal and 6x30 finder scope. 

A great scope for beginning astrophotography :) not bad for visual either.

£380 , collection from Birmingham only. 

Edited by StaceStar

4 hours ago, StaceStar said:

Hi

I'm selling my beloved scope. 

Its around 7 months old ish. Has the usual marks on the vixen bar. 

Comes with aluminium case, 2" 28mm eyepiece, 2" diagonal and 6x30 finder scope. 

A great scope for beginning astrophotography :) not bad for visual either.

£380 , collection from Birmingham only. 

IMG_20180820_181112.jpg

IMG_20180820_175042.jpg

IMG_20180820_181341.jpg

Seen this on ebay, also seen a couple of ads for this well respected scope where people pass them off after around 6 months - wondering why that is?

I may be interested, still pondering which refractor to buy for my first.

• Like 1

Still using mine after a few years.  It ain't for sale. I love  it!  Very nice little scope. I think it's good as a reasonably priced imaging scope, which is mainly what I've used it for.  

I don't know know why people buy it and sell fairly soon. Maybe they would just prefer a different type of scope or feel they'd like a more up market refractor with more aperture. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, smr said:

Seen this on ebay, also seen a couple of ads for this well respected scope where people pass them off after around 6 months - wondering why that is?

For me personally I've decided that biiiig wide field is my thing :) coupled with my Altair astro 183c pro the fov just wasn't wide enough . So I went with a more compact scope with a bit better glass :) let me know if you're interested...the sale on eBay is up on Sunday and it has a fair few watchers :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smr said:

Nothing wrong with a ed80..pretty much the benchmark for astro imaging..very sharp on the moon too.. have much more to offer than the price tag dictates 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Nothing wrong with a ed80..pretty much the benchmark for astro imaging..very sharp on the moon too.. have much more to offer than the price tag dictates 

Agree with that.  For a doublet it is more than capable for imaging and an absolute bargain for anyone looking for a smallish refractor.

• Like 2

There's a reason the ed80 is known as a giant killer :) I was almost in two minds to sell, but hey ho... Need to fund the new scope somehow haha

ED80 is a superb scope.  I have this and a FSQ85 which costs 10x as much.  The ED80 is 90% of the quality, it's that good.

GLWTS

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, smr said:

Probably more to do with turn over in the hobby than the scope . same reason you see a lot of nearly new aquariums on ebay. Finding the time after you've bought into it can sometimes be difficult. 

Stacey's got the new Altair edf to fund ;) wider field and 360 focuser hasn't it?

Im sure the ed80 will sell :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dragon_Astro said:

Stacey's got the new Altair edf to fund ;) wider field and 360 focuser hasn't it?

Im sure the ed80 will sell :)

Yep that's right! Bloody love that focuser haha