Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

telescope se8 and stellerium guiding no guide target

todick

Hi

I have a se8 and want to use stellerium to guide my scope.

I can get the it running ok in virtual mode ( moves telescope to selected star with target ring moving to the selected star point.)

When I  use the selected telescope I loose the actual telescope ring but still moves the telescope to star selected.

tried all the settings all the telescope modes. now lost for ideas

It will not show where the telescope is pointing.(think it is FOV)?

thanks for any ideas

no I run it straight through stellerium 18.2

I have a starsence & gps running with a celestron 8se

set up

Plug hand set lead (into bottom) into usb  through adapter to pc. (com port 3 in my case0

In stellerium I config telescope as celestron.  (tick the box  start/on start up)

on the screen I highlight the telescope box on the bottom menu.

move mousse to star  LH button  click Mouse to highlight star to select star to move to

star highlighted

CRTL 1 (for my telescope)

The telescope moves to the selected star ok ( on test it is within 32mm eye piece)

But does not show the tracking bull as it moves to selected star.

I have tried the virtual telescope and it shows the tracking bulls eye as the scope finds the selected star.

Hope that helps my start up in stellerium

thanks for the reply

I think I ran stellerium plug in ! I could not get ascom to work would not load Microsoft.net My dell has version 4 and it will not run that

I only tried stellerium 16 it still had the same symptoms. no target

A I bought a ccd camera and a cannon 450d full spec camera to do some pictures that I wanted to use the  tracking on stellerium.

so much easier  to select  than the  hand set!!

I took it out for a full test the other clear night all went ok but for the bulls eye thing. took some practice shots of Saturn, Jupiter swan nebular ( not good enough to show though....

You know how it is it just bugs me!!!

Thanks

What OS are you running on your laptop?

Think you need to go back to basics first. You certainly need Ascom and probably EQMOD running.  Then the Stellarium Scope plug in installed in Stellarium itself.

Unfortunately there is no shortcut to get around this.  

Here is a step by step guide of how to do it.

http://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorial-setting-up-an-equatorial-mount-on-ascom-with-eqmod-stellarium-and-cartes-du-ciel.html

That seems to be a lot of extra  plus ascom will not work with some celestron  telescope mounts.

without all those extra programs and all that extra setting,  all that is missing is the  telescope position or bulls eye as I call it

The telescope moves to the position of the selected star ok. using the space bar.

I will try again starting from scratch  on my 2nd pc. so there is no leftovers to get confused about.

thanks for the input much appreciated.

Ho!  for some clear sky's again.

5 hours ago, todick said:

The telescope moves to the selected star ok ( on test it is within 32mm eye piece)

But does not show the tracking bull as it moves to selected star.

I have tried the virtual telescope and it shows the tracking bulls eye as the scope finds the selected star.

Hope that helps my start up in stellerium

thanks for the reply

Go to telescope control > configure > options tab and check that show telescope reticle is selected.

Hi cannot find the  "Go to telescope control > configure > options tab and check that show telescope reticle is selected. "

its not on my hand controller or stellerium 18.2?

can you lead me to it

thanks

Hi

Thanks for the info I thought it was a dif. telescope control I had already done it still nothing..

I will keep trying

out tonight I hope if it clears up to give it a good run and set it up again....

we will see.

thanks

again

LAS

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

After a repair to my 8SE (blown H/c pcb)

I took the plunge and bought a hc lead from Celestron after running out of ideas and all your suggestion on guiding my *se with starsence on stellerium 18.2

Well plugrd the news lead in started telescope, com port sorted started stellerium. configured telescope re booted there was.... Bulls Eye.

went out that night tracked moon,  Saturn, mars and a few galaxies a little bit off but once I calibrated the camera  almost spot on on every target I set.

In future I will not buy leads that have not been tested and reviewed by Members who said "it was the lead "(great Stuff)

No need for ASCOM at all.

Thanks for assistance

regards

Archived