Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1396

steviemac500

IC1396 - Elephant's Trunk. This is 1200s x 18 each of Ha, Sii and Oiii taken just before I went on holiday. Stacked in PI. Usual background modelisation and cropping then combined channels using Pixel Maths with Sii - Red, Ha - Green and Oiii - Blue. Noise reduction, LHE and then I reduced the starfield with morphological transformation. Colour calibration and finally SCNR. Then over to PS - combined the Ha as a Lum channel then final contrast enhancement. Last stage was adjustment of the magenta stars using a process I discovered today. Hope you like it.

https://astrob.in/362254/0/

IC1396V1.png

7 hours ago, ampleamp said:

Nice and understated. ?

Which method did you use to reduce magenta? I go for simple ? and run with - 

(1) invert image

(2) SCNR/HLVG

(3) reinvert image

It works most of the time

Hi, I found a script online which basically involves dropping the process icon onto the image and it's done. I can send you it if you like?

2 hours ago, steviemac500 said:

Hi, I found a script online which basically involves dropping the process icon onto the image and it's done. I can send you it if you like?

Maybe you could also tell the rest of us about it?

Archived