SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Creation of the Cosmos: Tribute to Michelangelo - NGC 6188

Adam_Jesion

This object in my color palette remarkably resembles the legendary work of Michelangelo - The Creation of Adam. In honor of this cosmic similarity, I named it similarly - The Creation of the Cosmos :)
The NGC 6188 is fantastic - probably one of my favorites. I hope you will like my interpretation. I am open to criticism.

Equipment: ASI1600MM-C with Baader Narrowband FIlters (8h total exp), WO APO71Q f4.9 telescope, iOptron CEM25EC paralactic mount. Location – village without civilization somewhere in the middle of South Africa.
Thanks for your feedback guys.

Click for bigger version (hi quality - 50%):

2PlENj9

Amazing image Adam! I like it a lot!

However, I am not so sure about the title. Being a scientist I am a bit allergic to the word "creation" and in any case the structures in that image is just a few million years old - so about 14 billion years after the big bang (or whatever "created" the universe), so a bit too late even for a creation?. But as I say an amazing image!

On 19/08/2018 at 22:26, gorann said:

Amazing image Adam! I like it a lot!

However, I am not so sure about the title. Being a scientist I am a bit allergic to the word "creation" and in any case the structures in that image is just a few million years old - so about 14 billion years after the big bang (or whatever "created" the universe), so a bit too late even for a creation?. But as I say an amazing image!

Good point, but... From a scientific perspective, you are right, but there are still romanticism and allegories besides science ?

Archived