Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

rorymultistorey

Mega Cheap Planetary imaging with help from Damian Peach + Astrobiscuit video

Hi Stargazers,

After a lot of work and help from the great Damian Peach I managed to get some really good images of Jupiter Mars and Saturn despite a total spend of just £100... and I made another bonkers Astrobiscuit video about it which I hope you enjoy. Mr Peach really helped me pick my nights to image and the other big surprise was how good the canon 600D is at planetary. All comments/ advice/ criticisms most welcome...

jupiter Saturn and Mars £100 Budget.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Very interesting.

Brilliant, should be a sticky, one video explaining all you need to know about shooting planets with modest kit. I never new about the foggy sky conditions either.

Alan

Edited by Alien 13

Guest chaz2b

Damian giving away trade secrets? nice video, but a pink bunny...with a masculine voice? c`mon...?

chaz

Thx for the encouragement everyone. Glad you like it.  And Yes it was v cool having help from mr peach

Gina you're the reason i bought my M42 lenses!? glad you watched it. 

Chaz: its true bunny does have a problem deciding whether to go to the ladies or the gents... ?

• Like 2

I really like the style of your films. I'm not sure you're going to be able to top the moment in the galaxy zoom film where your wife walked past just as you revealed the cost of your SCT imaging rig. ? 

• Haha 2

Interesting & good fun as always.. thanks for your time and efforts!. Rob

• Like 1

Brilliant video Rory. I was looking forward to this and it didn’t disappoint. Your videos were one of the things that persuaded me to “have a go” and see what I could do. 

Cant wait till the next one. Got any good ideas yet? 

3 hours ago, JimothyC said:

Your videos were one of the things that persuaded me to “have a go” and see what I could do. 

Cant wait till the next one. Got any good ideas yet? 

Thx JimothyC

Nothing makes me happier than someone having a go after watching one of my vids.  The next vids will be shorter and less polished as i think more vids will help my low subscribers count. 

On 19/08/2018 at 11:11, chaz2b said:

Damian giving away trade secrets? nice video, but a pink bunny...with a masculine voice? c`mon...?

chaz

Curious to know if anyone likes Pink Bunny? Its useful  to have a sidekick as otherwise its just me talking all the time... but obvs if she/he isn't working then i'll have to think of something else. 

many thx for watching and thx for the encouragement ?

19 minutes ago, rorymultistorey said:

Thx JimothyC

Nothing makes me happier than someone having a go after watching one of my vids.  The next vids will be shorter and less polished as i think more vids will help my low subscribers count. 

Curious to know if anyone likes Pink Bunny? Its useful  to have a sidekick as otherwise its just me talking all the time... but obvs if she/he isn't working then i'll have to think of something else. 

Hey I like the bunny, it's all part of the humour of your vids. It helps separate them from some of the stuffier presentations out there and probably helps it appeal to a different audience. It all depends who you're making the videos for? Is it people who are just starting out? They'll probably find the humour helps puncture some of the mysteries of astronomy, it did for me.  

Rory, great video, I can really appreciate how much time and effort you must put in to get them that good.

You should do the Sky at Night, I’d watch it every time.?

Don't get rid of Pink Bunny - it's the only reason I watch your videos.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The folks who make Horizon programs should be made to watch this so that they can see how it should be done. Factual AND entertaining. Well done.

• Like 1

Excellent!   Really enjoyed it, and some nice results.   Any chance you could expand a little on your electronic focuser though?   It's something I've toyed with the idea of making but never got as far as actually doing anything.

SR. 

Great video, thanks for posting. :)

On 20/08/2018 at 22:00, rorymultistorey said:

Thx JimothyC

Pink bunny is brilliant. Was shocked to hear it speak. 

Just watched a series of your videos, after seeing this post. Brilliant work, Rory - really entertaining, and just shows what astrophotography can be done on a budget! Great M51 image with the SCT, too.

Regards, Mike.

Very entertaining. Interesting tip about the foggy nights - I've always tended to avoid those. Probably explains a lot!

On 23/08/2018 at 04:02, Demonperformer said:

Very entertaining. Interesting tip about the foggy nights - I've always tended to avoid those. Probably explains a lot!

Yeh i was suprised by that too.  It useful to know when  not to bother...  Like the last 3 weeks when mars is closest have been lousy.  Thx for watching