Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mega Cheap Planetary imaging with help from Damian Peach + Astrobiscuit video

rorymultistorey

Hi Stargazers,

After a lot of work and help from the great Damian Peach I managed to get some really good images of Jupiter Mars and Saturn despite a total spend of just £100... and I made another bonkers Astrobiscuit video about it which I hope you enjoy. Mr Peach really helped me pick my nights to image and the other big surprise was how good the canon 600D is at planetary. All comments/ advice/ criticisms most welcome...

jupiter Saturn and Mars £100 Budget.jpg

Thx for the encouragement everyone. Glad you like it.  And Yes it was v cool having help from mr peach

Gina you're the reason i bought my M42 lenses!? glad you watched it. 

Chaz: its true bunny does have a problem deciding whether to go to the ladies or the gents... ?

Brilliant video Rory. I was looking forward to this and it didn’t disappoint. Your videos were one of the things that persuaded me to “have a go” and see what I could do. 

Cant wait till the next one. Got any good ideas yet? 

3 hours ago, JimothyC said:

Your videos were one of the things that persuaded me to “have a go” and see what I could do. 

Cant wait till the next one. Got any good ideas yet? 

Thx JimothyC

Nothing makes me happier than someone having a go after watching one of my vids.  The next vids will be shorter and less polished as i think more vids will help my low subscribers count. 

On 19/08/2018 at 11:11, chaz2b said:

Damian giving away trade secrets? nice video, but a pink bunny...with a masculine voice? c`mon...?

chaz

Curious to know if anyone likes Pink Bunny? Its useful  to have a sidekick as otherwise its just me talking all the time... but obvs if she/he isn't working then i'll have to think of something else. 

many thx for watching and thx for the encouragement ?

19 minutes ago, rorymultistorey said:

Thx JimothyC

Nothing makes me happier than someone having a go after watching one of my vids.  The next vids will be shorter and less polished as i think more vids will help my low subscribers count. 

Curious to know if anyone likes Pink Bunny? Its useful  to have a sidekick as otherwise its just me talking all the time... but obvs if she/he isn't working then i'll have to think of something else. 

Hey I like the bunny, it's all part of the humour of your vids. It helps separate them from some of the stuffier presentations out there and probably helps it appeal to a different audience. It all depends who you're making the videos for? Is it people who are just starting out? They'll probably find the humour helps puncture some of the mysteries of astronomy, it did for me.  

Excellent!   Really enjoyed it, and some nice results.   Any chance you could expand a little on your electronic focuser though?   It's something I've toyed with the idea of making but never got as far as actually doing anything.

SR. 

On 20/08/2018 at 22:00, rorymultistorey said:

Thx JimothyC

Pink bunny is brilliant. Was shocked to hear it speak. 

Just watched a series of your videos, after seeing this post. Brilliant work, Rory - really entertaining, and just shows what astrophotography can be done on a budget! Great M51 image with the SCT, too.

Regards, Mike.

On 23/08/2018 at 04:02, Demonperformer said:

Very entertaining. Interesting tip about the foggy nights - I've always tended to avoid those. Probably explains a lot!

Yeh i was suprised by that too.  It useful to know when  not to bother...  Like the last 3 weeks when mars is closest have been lousy.  Thx for watching 

Archived