Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milky Way from La Palma :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

Absolutely stunning images, James - you have this wide-field stuff well and truly nailed.

Thank you :)

I dunno Steve - I reckon I need to go back again to get it right this time ;) 

How are the timelapses looking James ?

I managed a 10 minute session last night that turned out to be an hour of international astronomical freinship making !

Set up sa mini for a few 60s ISO 3200 f4 in a very dark area a way from the hotel, spookily dark ... Could see the milky way faintly reflected on the ocean.

As the moon started to clear the mountains a Polish chap appeared with his camera but no tripod so we managed to communicate and I let him put his camera on my Sam.

Then again as packing up a German chap arrived so we did the same again for him. It was quite interesting trying to explain the Sam and how it worked.

Here is the one image I've managed to get off camera to my phone edited from Raw using Photoshop express.

Sorry to thread hijack but it seemed the best place to post.

PSX_20180828_231009.jpg

That's cool :) I'm guessing that was next to a banana plantation :) The Milky Way is pretty clear considering the moon!

Each night I went out I ended up chatting to people, mostly Spanish and German. I swapped half a pack of biscuits with one lot (there's had more chocolate and they'd never had hobnobs... done my bit for international relations.

Timelapses are taking forever :(

James

Archived