Narrowband

NGC6888 HaRGB (WIP)

MartinFransson

Feels great to be back to imaging again after all of my technical issues!  So good that I can´t help but posting WIP images from short test runs (since I haven´t had any proper imaging sessions yet).

This was also first light for my new (since earlier this year) telephoto lens. I completely broke the bank and got myself a Sigma 500/4.5 EX DG HSM for bird photography. I hoped it could double as an imaging lens. Turns out it´s not at all bad, despite some weird star shapes in the corners. With a little cropping it´s not all that visible. The single subs showed coma but the finished result was OK.

Here is a quick run on the Crescent Nebula.

Ha: 8*300s
R: 12*30s
G: 12*30s
B: 11*30s

I also shot L but haven´t managed to incorporate yet. Need to look at some LRGB tutorials.

I used the following mix with Pixelmath:

R = 40% R + 60% Ha
G =G
B = B

Slightly over processed but I am amazed at what this small amount of data could do. 40 minutes of Ha and 6 minutes each of R, G and B.

Bonus pic of the new toy ready for testing ?

Crescent_8x5Ha_12x30sRGB.jpg

IMG_8667.jpg

8 hours ago, wornish said:

Great shot.

Love your set up.  So neat and tidy.  How did you fix the mount the pillar?

Thanks! But it´s not that neat and tidy once I connect all the cables ?

The mount is fixed via a pier plate adapter that a friend made for me. The adapter is fixed on the top plate via 6 bolts.

DSC_1185.JPG

P1010963.jpg

Archived