Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Yamez

Milky Way Over St Catherines Chapel

Hi Everyone, I just come back from a lovely holiday in dorset under their magnificent dark skies. Took many astro photos and was trying out my new toy, a Skywatcher Star Adventurer. Absolutely love it, easy to use and set up andf it gets amazing results. I just finished editing my first pic and thought to share it with you all.

Single 3 Minute Exposure for the stars at ISO 400 @ F1.8 tracked.
Foreground was a single 5 Minute exposure at ISO 800 and is therefore quite noisy.

All edited in Photoshop and finished and tweaked in Lightroom.

Im really pleased with the result, hope you like it and if anyone has any tips or what not please feel free to share. Thanks!

1030602232_StCatherineMilkyWay.thumb.jpg.57ec9043a58f3be092895858b7ed8c12.jpg

• Like 24

Wonderful shot! The Milky Way from Dorset can be spectacular! I’ve spent many happy nights camping on the Purbeck peninsula :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Wonderful shot! The Milky Way from Dorset can be spectacular! I’ve spent many happy nights camping on the Purbeck peninsula :)

I've never seen the Milky Way so clear with the naked eye, I was thrilled. We stayed in a cottage in Symondsbury just above Bridport, I don't think I've seen so many stars at once in my life. Had an extra treat with the meteor shower happening aswell.

• Like 4

Nice subtle processing giving pleasant colouring and really good framing.

Was that your first Adventurer imaging session ? If so you've got it working well.

Dave.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clarkpm4242 said:

Cool!

What camera & lens were these with?

Cheers  Paul

Was taken with my Nikon D3200 with a 35mm primed lens at f1.8 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davew said:

Was that your first Adventurer imaging session ?

I had a go 2 nights before hand but that was without any framing to do with foreground objects. I have found polar alignment so much easier with the polar align app. So yes it was my first proper imaging session with it :D

• Like 1