Dob height?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of interest, what is that? I've always kneeled on the floor - the concrete slabs soon warm up under you. Of late, I've noticed an aching in my right knee and a tendancy for pain when bending. I put it down to old age (38 now!) Is there an astronomical doctor in the lounge?!?

Sorry, bit late coming in here!

Darn tootin mate! I'd stand at a 16" lightbridge, wonder how Andrew gets on though :D

Do you know how tall I am? I actually have to crouch at zenith! I think I need on of those stand thingies too :oops: Or maybe an f/6 version :shock:

And yes, I have a cushion :)

About the standing thing. Look out for a heads up on here for one of those ironing chairs from Lidl for £10-15. They've got a good range of adjustment and perfect for dobs. Once I've found my target, I much prefer sitting and being relaxed. Helps you see much more.

Andrew

Yes Andrew - you beanpole :D

I would really appreciate a heads up about the ironing stool. I just can't understand why I let my old one go :shock:

---

Thing, when your ppbursa becomes inflamed and then sceptic your leg will let you know, signalling with interesting shapes and colours :) age has nout to do with I'm afraid matey.

I'm thinking of something along these lines:

9597_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

John

That's a nice looking building in the background John. At first I thought it was a ROR Obsy.

and thinking, If that is a sliding roof, you will need to file a flight plan before it's opened. :D

What is it actually. It looks like a dwelling with a garage.

Ron. :)

That's a nice looking building in the background John. At first I thought it was a ROR Obsy.

and thinking, If that is a sliding roof, you will need to file a flight plan before it's opened. :lol:

Ron. :D

I dunno Ron - I nicked the picture from Google Images - somewhere in the USA I guess :)

It just served to illustrate the sort of thing that I'd like to build :lol:

John

and thinking, If that is a sliding roof, you will need to file a flight plan before it's opened. :D

Ron. :D

I dunno Ron - I nicked the picture from Google Images - somewhere in the USA I guess :)

It just served to illustrate the sort of thing that I'd like to build :lol:

John

Well go for it John, it looks fantastic to me.

Ron. :lol:

That's a nice looking building in the background John. At first I thought it was a ROR Obsy. and thinking, If that is a sliding roof, you will need to file a flight plan before it's opened. :D

Ron. :)

It looks like a prefab house. I don't know if you have them in Britain, but you can actually buy houses made at a factory, get them shipped in two pieces to your property, and have them installed and joined together on a foundation. As this house doesn't appear to have a basement, I would guess it's in Florida.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my simple solution to raising the height of the Dob.

10039_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

10038_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

It's an old Ikea table I had lying around. Made some holes for the feet & centre bolt to sit in, so the base lies completely flat on it with no movement at all. Cut the legs down to the required length, and they screw on so can be adjusted if the ground's not perfectly level. The base is almost made to measure for the 10" Skyliner, being 55cm across and the Dob base diameter 52mm. It's very strong, I've stood on it to change light bulbs etc, very light, adjustable and portable, and it cost me nothing. They still do these tables for about £8 I think.

FF

Archived