SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

South Wales meet

Billy,

With your skills you could build a nice shelter with all these stones (in your photo). Looks like a nice site.

John

Thats a rubble from a barn coversion a few hundred yards infront of the mountain center.

I might pop up for a reccy this weekend and take soem more pics.

Another advantage of this site is its at a dead end so no passing traffic... but easy acess of the A470 and i'll use my usual short cut from the A4067 across to Libanus... should be fairly easy for peopel from cardiff neport and the valleys and the swansea end to get there as well as antone from Builth and Caermarthen areas...

Billy...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..and you're welcome at my obs any time too (I'm just outside Ystrad Mynach, which is probably closer to you than Swansea).

Let's just watch for a clear night asap and see if we can arrange something :help: (well, unless its this Friday, because I'm off to the rugby that evening :D )

Helen

Trust me you would be...

With 5 min subs and lots of them theres not a lot to do...and its only when you start the post processing that you start to see the images appear in any decent shape or from...

Thats why deep sky stacker live would be good as you see the stack building...well LIVE... at least the image should improve every 5 mins or so...

Anyone out there tried using it yet?

Billy...

we're thinking of the Mountain Centre in the Brecon Beacons National Park near Libanus...LAst weekend of November exact date is wether dependent

http://www.breconbeacons.org/content/visit-us/information-centres-new/national-park-visitor-centre/information-services/

Its at a dead end away from traffic and as well as the fiedl inthe front theres open morland outside the carpark which should give 360 views...

Billy...

Im planning on taking my imaging setup...should be a challenge setting up in the field...

my only concern about the mountain center is the trees around the carpark and the field infront of it if we are allowed to use it... however only a short distance down the road are treeless 360 degree vistas...with great mountain backdrops...for some startrail type images...

Billy...

ummm no... i dont know if anyones talked to the mountain center yet...(im not volunteering by the way)

I might take a genny... thats one of the reasons for suggesting the mountain cente as its well...central...

Billy...

Want me to ring them what shall i say? :hello2:

Archived