Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

StarSense question

I just got a StarSense to go with my Nexstar SE6. The manual is bl**dy awful - as is the hand-controller, screen and buttons but...

What I can't determine is if I only have to set the time/date/location once or at every boot-up. When I set the time and date and go back to that screen, my previous settings have gone.

Haven't actually got round to trying it out yet

Here is a link to the latest manual

https://s3.amazonaws.com/celestron-site-support-files/support_files/94005_starsense_autoalign_manual_february2016.pdf

Page24 says

Time / Location Source:

Choose where StarSense retrieves its time information . This is automatically acquired when you first start using StarSense, but you can choose to manually change these settings if you wish . Some telescopes, like the Advanced VX, have a Real Time Clock (RTC), others like the CPC/CPC DX have a Global Positioning System (GPS), which saves and keeps track of time . If your telescope has neither of these, you will need to enter the time manually when setting up your telescope

The Nexstar SE has neither of the above so time/location needs to be entered every time. This is just the same as with your original Nexstar+ handset?

Alan

Yes you are right !

the time and location has to be entered each time you turn it on.

unless you used hibernate ( but you have to keep the power to the telescope connected otherwise it will not remember

the info.

I bought the GPS unit which does away with having to enter date and time each time.

hope this helps

Archived