Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Andromeda 17.8.18

AstroKane

My first attempt at M31 since I upgraded my mount and scope. I see a lot of room for improvement but for the moment I am basking in that feeling of achievement..

SW ED80 with .85 reducer

Stock Canon 700D

Advance VX mount - unguided.

120*90 Lights - 20 Darks, flats & Bias's

? Clear Skies

507270957_M31fullprocess2.thumb.jpg.7df3cdf08f3cf4b94132c90cda3c19fc.jpg

Good job; nicely framed and you've clearly picked up plenty of detail. I think perhaps the background/stars are a bit over processed as they're an unusual colour. I always have respect for unguided images! :)

2 hours ago, Shibby said:

Good job; nicely framed and you've clearly picked up plenty of detail. I think perhaps the background/stars are a bit over processed as they're an unusual colour. I always have respect for unguided images! :)

Thanks ?. I think I am guilty of every over processing technique known in this image - I was just too excited.  I started setting up for this at 11pm and ended up processing pretty much straight away - I haven't really had an image with enough data to properly use pixinisight before so was all trial and error...see below my last attempt at M31 and you can see the leap this is for me:

1235911142_M31Firstattempt.thumb.jpg.c3513ae4a2675ac97f2968daa9601eeb.jpg

I will re-process when I have chance and try and make the image more natural looking. At the moment imaging is fun, very simple setup but I do have a guide scope on order and I cannot wait to be able to take light frames at say 3-5 minutes etc!

Clear Skies

Definitely a step forward from your first go.   I am just the same, so eager to process and get something to share  that I over do it sometimes.

You have really good data and I think  its worth starting the processing again from scratch to try and bring out the detail without over saturating the colours. 

I added another 4 hours of data using 60 second subs...its definitely changed the image. I am still not really happy with it but I have at least one more planned imaging night on this target. I now have my new guide scope so I'd like to add some 300 second subs to this!

Clear Skies

M31_90_60_second_stack_ABE.thumb.jpg.243e1da694576fe32379d96f09f0bb94.jpg

Archived