Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observation report 16/08/18

Dave1

So it was nice and clear here tonight. Hooray.

I'd rate seeing on the Antonaldi scale as a 3-4 tonight. Boiling was alot less. 

So tonight I views Saturn. Which the equitorial belt wasn't so clear on tonight. Cassini division was just in view at times. I did sometimes see the shadow of the planet on the belt, toward the north east. 

Mars well was clearer than the other night. Again I could see very subtle dark patches intermittently. I didn't feel it was worth sketching. 

I looked at two double stars tonight. One double star was planned, the other unplanned double star viewing was the result of just panning the night sky. 

So the planned double star was Izar. Which was my first time viewing that double. The unplanned double was Alpha Herculis. 

I also definitely found the Wild Duck cluster tonight. Which was a very nice sight indeed. 

Dave

Archived