Narrowband

NEQ6 altitude bolts

Astrokev

9 minutes ago, alacant said:

These work well and without €silly; you need only replace the load bearing bolt after all;)

HTH and clear skies

Thanks but I am looking for the bolts with the ratchet handle to give more leverage when adjusting. My RA bearing is really stiff and the handle on the standard bolt cuts your fingers to ribbons!

46 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

plenty on eBay. planning on some for my Heq5 soon, when funds allow. 

Thanks. I've had a look on fleabay but could not find any of the right length. Maybe I should have another search. Have you been able to find any?

can you please send me a link?

9 hours ago, Dave said:

Yeah, cheers mate. I actually found these last night and have sent the seller a question. The reviews seem mixed. Some say the bolts are too long; some say they're too short, so I've asked how long they are!

My RA axis is really stiff (in fact I can't budge it with the standard bolts on the mount). This is a worry. Have you experience this and how did you resolve it? I could try and remove the round covers so I can loosen the axis bolt a bit, or lubricate it,  but some folks say they are likely to break.

3 minutes ago, Astrokev said:

Yeah, cheers mate. I actually found these last night and have sent the seller a question. The reviews seem mixed. Some say the bolts are too long; some say they're too short, so I've asked how long they are!

My RA axis is really stiff (in fact I can't budge it with the standard bolts on the mount). This is a worry. Have you experience this and how did you resolve it? I could try and remove the round covers so I can loosen the axis bolt a bit, or lubricate it,  but some folks say they are likely to break.

This shows the inner workings if you wanted to strip it down and lube it.

2 hours ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

This shows the inner workings if you wanted to strip it down and lube it.

Thanks Anthony. Really helpful. Removing the mount from the base seemed a struggle there, and I wonder how easy it is to get it back between the forks if the base and get the plastic washers aligned with the bolt hole. 

The new system he's showing off looks good. I think he said this was in 2014. Unless I've had my head in the sand, why haven't we heard more about this new system since then? Is it commercially available? Pricey I imagine, which may be prohibitive. 

23 minutes ago, Astrokev said:

The new system he's showing off looks good. I think he said this was in 2014. Unless I've had my head in the sand, why haven't we heard more about this new system since then? Is it commercially available? Pricey I imagine, which may be prohibitive. 

https://www.modernastronomy.com/shop/accessories/mount-accessories/eq6rail/

Dave

Archived