Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CGX updates

JimL

Hello,
I am having trouble updating my CGX mount. The "CFM.jar" file will open the "Celestron Firmware Manager" and it will find the devices needing to be updated. However, I cannot complete the updating process, as you can see in picture #1 and the message is always, "NexStar+ did not update successfully". The white bar never shows the progression of files being updated. My update file is called "CFM_2.3.7111. I also have files "CGX_APP_7.15.8160cfm" and "CGS_BOOT_3.1.7070.cfm". When I click on those the computer cannot access a program to run them.
The hand controller is waiting for the update, as seen in picture #2.
Can you give me a suggestion as to what I may be doing wrong? 
Thank you for your assistance,
Jim

CFM screen.JPG

hand controller update.JPG

Not on a cgx but on my old avx I had to change my cable adapter..

Had the same message and someone on here I think suggested it maybe the adapter,so I purchased one on ebay,run the driver for it and it worked first time..

My old adapter worked with phd so couldn't understand why not with updating the firmware..so I ditched it

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. I was unable to get the firmware update to work properly using cables so after a tip I connected my PC to the edge HD mount WiFi, connected the starsense camera to the mount and kicked off the CFM software. Worked great. Found the starsense camera and the mount, started the update and then stopped with ‘ Evolution did not update  successfully’. Would like to know how I can resolve this. The only lead I am using is the one between the mount and the camera.

Archived