SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lion Nebula Sh2-132

carastro

Been to Local Astro camp again.   

This is data from a dual rig but for some reason the data from the Atik460EX was already black clipped straight from stacking, so very difficult to process, so did not use the Ha taken from that camera.  I used the Ha from the Atik314L camera which was a smaller FOV and had to use the clipped data from the Atik460EX in Oiii as I never took any with the Atik314L.  I used the same stacking settings for both cameras, so no ideea why it worked for one and not the other, and never had this problem before. 

Astro campsite SQM 21.05

Ha - SWED80 & Atik314L 29 x 600secs + FR x0.8
Oiii - WOZS71 & Atik460EX 16 x 600 + FR x 0.8

HEQ5

Total imaging time 7 1/2 hours

33B-E6L3nLNr_1824x0_JoKSVx0j.jpg

Hi Carole

Out of interest which software did you use to do the stacking? As you say, really strange it should be black clipped straight from the stacking process.

Stacking issues aside it is still a very nice image of a target unknown to me.

Adrian

Was that Friday night ? sorry I missed it.

Thursday and Friday Dave.

Out of interest which software did you use to do the stacking? As you say, really strange it should be black clipped straight from the stacking process.

Astroart, I have been using that for stacking for years, and never come accross this before.  I even tried re-stacking it to see if it came out differently but it was exactly the same. 

I might E Mail Olly as he seems to be the AA expert.

Carole 

Thanks Dave, Simmo and Steve. 

OK, had a bit of a discussion with Olly and he suggested I try leaving out my darks/bias as an experiment to see if the calibration was the problem.  Also try using Bias master as a dark.   I had forgotten I had used slightly non matching darks.  

Using a Bias master as a dark was dreadful and posterised

Using No darks and just bias was OK and not clipped

Using no darks and no bias came out the best 

So this is the full frame of the Lion nebula just from the data of the ED80 and Atik460 EX.  I have yet to combine the two cameras.

This is a link to the clipped data result - Yuk

https://www.astrobin.com/full/360679/0/

DE7p8l_WHmtM_1824x0_JoKSVx0j.jpg

Archived