SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mount for Skymax 90

Astroblagger

Iv been looking looking for a light grab and go set up, preferably I can carry everything down the stairs in one trip. iv got a skymax 90 so looking for a light weight mount, would an alt az heavy duty mount struggle with this? with possibly a camera attached too. if so what mount would be suitable, would prefer an alt az ideally.

I've had a Skymax 102 on a sturdy photo tripod and a ball head, which worked reasonably well so with a proper altaz head like he one shown by @laudropb it shouldn't be an issue, and the 90 being half a Kg lighter should be fine. That said what about the SW Pronto Altaz mount with a 3Kg max load.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sky-watcher-az-pronto/sky-watcher-az-pronto-alt-azimuth-mount-tripod.html

Looking at your equipment list with that camera gear if you own a reasonable camera tripod then I'd go with Alan above, use a ballhead.

Like this just change the words ST80 which is above a sketch of a telescope on the right hand side of the ballhead for your skymax90.

If you get the balance and tension right you should be able to just nudge the telescope when viewing.

Sketch286202032.png

Archived